Structural Engineers, Surveyors & Construction Consultants with offices in London & West Midlands
Glencross and Hudson often investigate defects and provide reports that will answer the questions you or your mortgagee or insurers may have about the property. Examples of defects we investigate include:
• Cracks & structural movement
• Pre-purchase structural engineer’s reports
• Building defects
• Defective design or construction
• Subsidence and Heave
• Floor slab settlement
• Differential foundation movement
• Bulging and leaning walls
• Excessive deflection of beams, joists, roof timbers
• Structural effects of timber decay
Defect reports will explain the existing condition of the elements inspected, likely cause of damage and remedial works required. Initial reports are based on a visual inspection of the area of concern. However further reports requiring additional information where certain elements of the construction are unexposed may be advised.
If you have concerns about the condition of your building please contact us via the form below.
Members of the Institution Of Civil Engineers